Hello World Wide Cat Lovers!

Welcome to "The Purple Paw"! We (BlackCat13, KittyLover8, littlekitty5, and SuperPOWerHorse) have explored even the darkest corners of our minds to create the many posts on our blog. Here, we've posted funny articles, poems, adorable limericks, heart-stopping stories and fact-filled posts, for you to read.

Enjoy!

-BlackCat13
-KittyLover8
-littlekitty5
-SuperPOWerHorse

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Captain of the Guards- Prologue


Hi. I live here, in King Ember’s empire, a large kingdom that lives in peace, undisturbed. At least, we used to live in peace. The future for our empire is unclear now, ever since King Firebrand died. His kingdom is nearby, and the only other empire we know of. He and King Ember were good friends, and their friendship tied the two kingdoms together. But now, I’m not sure if this harmony will last.

King Ember told me about his meeting with the new king, King Slate. It is a custom for fellow kingdoms to do this--to express their sorrow for the loss of the old king and to welcome the new. King Ember told me that the new king did not seem grievous at all, and seemed merely to be pleased to become leader. Slate was also hostile, and had several bulky cats with his, apparently his guards. Slate requested for Ember to come to see him the following midday, bringing a few of his own cats.

Anyway, right now Ember is telling his cats about this. Five of us are to join him and see what Slate has to say. But I’m worried. I don’t think that this meeting is going to be a very pleasant one.

Anyway, our kingdom is a very easy target. We have developed no weapons whatsoever, and none of us, save me, have received any battle training. Why is it that I have? Because I am the entire empire’s only ninja spy. Yep, I always thought that my job was useless. I mean, why would an empire that has never even seen a trace of a war need a ninja spy? I always thought that my future was clear--that I would merely continue life as it was; hunting prey for myself, finding a nice cozy spot to sunbathe atop a den (cave, whatever), mingling with the cats every once in a while. But now, I’m not so sure its gonna be so clear anymore.

Ember’s finished telling the cats about King Firebrand’s mysterious death and Slate’s new leadership. I’d better go, or they might leave without me. Those cats couldn’t fight a mouse, and they need me. Ah, it’s a shame too, the sun is bright today. Oh, and by the way. The name’s Fleck.

______________________________________________________________________

-KittyLover8
© 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment