Hello World Wide Cat Lovers!

Welcome to "The Purple Paw"! We (BlackCat13, KittyLover8, littlekitty5, and SuperPOWerHorse) have explored even the darkest corners of our minds to create the many posts on our blog. Here, we've posted funny articles, poems, adorable limericks, heart-stopping stories and fact-filled posts, for you to read.

Enjoy!

-BlackCat13
-KittyLover8
-littlekitty5
-SuperPOWerHorse

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dear Diary... 9#

Hi!

Happy Valentines day! I would like to do something special for the holidays. I'm not sure what, exactly, but I would like readers to comment below and share their ideas with me. If I get enough suggestions, I with add a pole to the side of our blog on this subject.

Today, a stray cat that I named Jellybean came to my house and ate the food that I set out for her and the other strays in the neighborhood. Jellybean is a black, orange and white tortoiseshell she-cat. She, Python and Grey Cloud are my regular cat visitors. Another cat that comes to eat at my house is Tiger, an aggressive brown tabby. Seeing all of these stray cats makes me think about all of the ways people could prevent cats from living these awful lives in the streets.

One thing that people can do is spay and neuter their cats. If your cat gets out, he or she will not be able to have kittens if she or she is neutered or spayed.

Another thing that you can do is to not let your cat outdoors. He or she might wander away from home, get lost, get hurt by a cat or other animal, or get hit by a car. This is why it is important to keep your kitty friend indoors at all times. You can never be sure that your cat won't get out of your house, so be prepared and give your cat a collar and/or microchip and prevent him or her from having kittens.

Also, if you are moving and can't take your cat with you, drop him or her off at an animal shelter. Some people leave their cats outside when they move thinking that, sense cats are hunters, they can get by on their own. Well, when a cat lives in a house, she doesn't have to hunt for its food. Even if she plays with her toys every day, she still deosn't depend on them for food. This makes it hard for a house cat to adapt to the harsh outdoors.

If people did this, then there would be very few stray cats. Please try these methods and spread the word.

Thank you.
-KittyLover8

No comments:

Post a Comment