Hello World Wide Cat Lovers!

Welcome to "The Purple Paw"! We (BlackCat13, KittyLover8, littlekitty5, and SuperPOWerHorse) have explored even the darkest corners of our minds to create the many posts on our blog. Here, we've posted funny articles, poems, adorable limericks, heart-stopping stories and fact-filled posts, for you to read.

Enjoy!

-BlackCat13
-KittyLover8
-littlekitty5
-SuperPOWerHorse

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Dear Diary... 7#

A few days ago, when I got back from my vacation, I saw that two of my most regular stray kitty visitors (I put out food for the stray cats in my neighborhood to eat) were badly injured. One, a gray tabby cat with a white muzzle, chest and belly and one light green eye and one golden eye named Gray Cloud, came to my porch with a red splotch on the base of his left eye, the golden one, and the left part of his jaw chewed up. I was horrified but, Gray Cloud is a cat that is frightened by humans and he would not let me come very close to him unless he was eating. I tried to catch him over and over again but, not wanting to scare him away for good, I gave up.

Soon after, another stay kitty that comes often, a black cat who has been around for many years who's named Python, came to my doorstep with the worst wound yet, his or her one ear and part of her face was bare and had dried blood crusted on the bare aria. Python is feral, so I also couldn't catch him or her.

Luckily, Gray Cloud's wounds are healed. Python's needs a lot more time until it will be fully healed.

One thing that could be the cause of the poor kitties' injuries is car engines. In car engines, there are special spinning blades that fan the engine. Because the engine gets a little hot even so, cats are attracted to the engine. When the car that the cat is sleeping in starts, the cat gets scarred. The cat tries to get away but, the only way out is toward the spinning blades. When a cat darts through the blades, she gets badly injured or, even worse, killed. The only way that a person can prevent this cat nightmare is to honk their horn once or twice and wait for a minute. This takes just a little while and could save a cat's life.

Python, before she got injured.


I hope that my knowledge about this problem will save many lives of cats in the future.

Thanks for reading!
-KittyLover8

No comments:

Post a Comment