Hello World Wide Cat Lovers!

Welcome to "The Purple Paw"! We (BlackCat13, KittyLover8, littlekitty5, and SuperPOWerHorse) have explored even the darkest corners of our minds to create the many posts on our blog. Here, we've posted funny articles, poems, adorable limericks, heart-stopping stories and fact-filled posts, for you to read.

Enjoy!

-BlackCat13
-KittyLover8
-littlekitty5
-SuperPOWerHorse

Monday, December 3, 2012

A Letter From the Past in the Eye of....a Carthaginian Warrior of Hannibal

Dear Selena,

I miss you so much, Selena. How are you doing? How is the rest of the family? I have so many questions....
      Well, scene it's so hard to send letters, I suppose that I'll write a little on what I'm doing right now. Although I really do wish that I could be home right now, instead of being precariously balanced on this  awful, narrow ledge....
      I know that I sound like I'm complaining, and I probably am, merely using this letter as an excuse  to bemoan about it. Though, I must say in me defense, it is hard not to bellyache
   Anyway, Sis, right now me and the rest of the warriors are camping on what there is to camp on. I fear for my and my many companions' lives. Every day, someone falls of the edge into the impervious hands of Fate. Or dies of overexposure or of something equally likely and awful as that.
   Germelqart, I sorrowfully and tearfully say, died yesterday. As he was making is way along this calamitous and sender ledge. His horse...lost its footing on the slippery and icy 'trail', as Hunnibal calls it. They plunged into the ravine.
   At first, when I was writing my letter to you, I put it off, for I knew that you would be as distraught as I was. After all, there are enough hardships to face as it is. I hope that you understand, Sis.
    Anyway, We must get onto the less negative things, for there is only so much paper to write on. We shall send our blessings to our poor lost friend, but we must move on. As I know, there are many who suffer just as we do, some suffer even worse.
     We are nearing Rome now.  Abut, though Hunnibal is positive, I know that there are others who fear what I fear. What if we have lost to many? What if we are overcome by the massive rankings of the Roman army, who is superior to us? What if all of those lost warriors died in vain...?
      I know that it is wrong to lose faith in our leader, but I don't see how we can keep the trust we once had in Hunnibal. It is the impossible, as most of us believe.
       And now I think of all of those happy times we and the rest of the family spent together, as you told me to. I shall forever cherish  these wondrous, dream-like memories, but they just seem to make me sadder and wish to be back home even more....

Yours sincerely,

Kanmi

-KittyLover8
© 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment