Hello World Wide Cat Lovers!

Welcome to "The Purple Paw"! We (BlackCat13, KittyLover8, littlekitty5, and SuperPOWerHorse) have explored even the darkest corners of our minds to create the many posts on our blog. Here, we've posted funny articles, poems, adorable limericks, heart-stopping stories and fact-filled posts, for you to read.

Enjoy!

-BlackCat13
-KittyLover8
-littlekitty5
-SuperPOWerHorse

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Letter From the Past in the Eye of....a Carthaginian Warrior of Hannibal ~II~

Dear Selena,

Hello, my dear sister. How have you been? I miss you and the rest of the family with all my heart....
       Hannibal held a small meeting today. He tells that we have lost nearly half of the warriors and the journey isn't yet over. We have little supplies, due to carts falling off of the cliff and the remaining warriors starving of exasperation. I hope that I live to return....I shall try my hardest and guide my stead strong.
      have had hard times today. My horse nearly lost her footing, and three of the supply carts fell off of the narrow path due to horse's or riders falling into the ravine. I, as I wrote yesterday, fear for our welfare's.
      Today we saw some more golden eagles, once again. Hannibal wonders if they're a sign that we are nearing Rome. We still haven't seen any vegetation, though, so we are definitely far from our destination.
      And now I shall answer the questions that you have asked me in your reply to my previous letter.
         Yes, I am well, Selena. As for you, there need be no asking. Just seeing your wonderful handwriting is good enough. I shiver from the cold and shed tears for those who were lost, but I count my blessings to the Gods, for I am alive, and you are well. And that, my dear sister, is all I wish from them. So do not lose faith! The Gods must be worshiped or they may make us feel their wrath.
         You are not foolish or silly for being concerned, Sis, for I find this touching. It brings the warmth of love back into my numb fingers.
         I have seen hardly an animal aside from the eagles. Although, a little earlier on in this trip, I did come across a single Eurasian lynx. Here is a sketch I drew of this beautiful wildcat.

With all of my love,

Kanmi

 -KittyLover8
© 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment